A class of First Communicants aged 7 and 8 was asked, "How did you encounter Christ this week?" (though prayer, scripture, an act of kindness, a peaceful, joyful, scary moment, etc) and here are some of their oh, so sweet responses:
* My friend gave me chips at a soccer game.
* At the dinner table and at bed when we prayed I felt God. Each time I prayed he was there.
* I know he was with me when I fell face first on the cement and it hurt a lot.
* When I was scared.
* I won a soccer game. I know what the score was - it was 8 to 1- and we gave a fist bump to the referee - it was God.
* My encounter with Christ was when last night we watched Dolphin Tale and my family watched, too. It was relaxing and fun.